Views
Helpful
Replies

error opening tftp

dom.a
Level 1
Level 1

i cannot connect to the tftp server.

i'm connected via console to the router 1841. my pc is the tftp server.i want to make a copy of the flash to the tftp server but i ve an error ( see the attachment).

please help !!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

To do tftp, you must have IP connectivity with the router, may be through the fastethernet port of the router (connect your PC to the router via a cross-over cable - or via a straight cable through a switch - and give them IPs in the same subnet) and then you can do your tftp.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Please change your tftp server, try using tftpd32, and first of all please make sure that you can ping the IP address of the tftp server.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

what i use is a tftpd32 v2.74

regards

Hi,

Can you ping the IP address of the tftp server ?

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

i'm connected via console port. so the tftp server is my pc i use to connect the router via console port. how can i ping the router ? help !

Hi,

To do tftp, you must have IP connectivity with the router, may be through the fastethernet port of the router (connect your PC to the router via a cross-over cable - or via a straight cable through a switch - and give them IPs in the same subnet) and then you can do your tftp.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Dominique

While I believe that tftpd32 is a good tftp server and that there might be reasons to switch to it, I do not see any evidence of that in the output that you posted. What that post shows is that the router is attempting to access the server and is timing out. That suggests that the router is not getting any response from the server. There are several things that might produce these symptoms.

- Can you verify that there is IP connectivity from the router to the address you are giving as the server address? (ping is a good way to demonstrate this)?

- Is there any possibility that there is a firewall between the router and your PC that is not permitting the tftp packets?

- Is it possible that your PC is running a firewall that is not allowing the tftp packets?

- Is it possible that the TFTP software on your PC is not running or that it is experiencing some error? (if your TFTP software has any logging capability does it show that it is receiving any request, does it show that it is responding)?

If you can clarify these items we may get closer to solving your problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

excuse to all !!! i have no IP connectivity and i try to connect to the tftp server !! what a bad way !!!

i thought that i put already an IP to my interface...

regards !!!

hi Dominique,

No problems at all, we all have our glitches, thanks for using the rating system.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card