Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing / Exporting sender list

Rayman_Jr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it somehow possible to export / import the list of senders into the "HAT Sender Group" ?

I'm using AsyncOS 4.7.1 and interested to use Spamhaus drop list

Any experience of using such a list ?

2 Replies 2

From the CLI you can:

listenerconfig -> edit -> -> hostaccess -> import

It will ask you for a filename that is in your configuration directory (so FTP it to the appliance first).

I generally don't like using any of these lists for anything other than putting into the SUSPECTLIST sendergroup.

This list is small enough that you could probably use the GUI to see if anyone from these ranges is actually sending you spam that the appliance isn't already catching. I would imagine that the SBRS folks also know about these network ranges and have weighted that fact appropriately in the SBRS score. This is kind of why you bought an IronPort in the first place, right? Hands-off management? :)

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using AsyncOS 4.7.1 and interested to use  Spamhaus drop list

Senderbase already uses a number of RBL's as inputs for the Reputation Score for a host, including at least one "zombie" IP list. You'll almost certainly find that importing this list yourself doesn't change your spam catch rates, and just means more overhead for keeping it up to date (specifically if an address gets removed and you're still blocking it!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: