cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 Branch Office Design

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

hello - i was going to set up a test environment using a 7404 and configure it as an mgcp gateway but when i went to add the gateway to call manager i realized there is no option for 7204 and mgcp. so my question is " how can i set up h323 at a branch location with no PSTN connection?"

a link to a doc would be fine thanks!!

3 Replies 3

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

without pstn connectivity u won't have backup for telephony service if main ip link fails,

basically Configure ur 7404 Voice-Enabled Router as an H.323 Gateway:

1: Configure dial-peer statements:

here is an example:

router(config)#voice class codec 1

router(config-class)#codec preference 1 g729r8

router(config-class)#codec preference 2 g729br8

router(config-class)#codec preference 3 g711ulaw

in the above commands: A voice class was configured to list the preferred order for codecs to be negotiated (prefernces are optional)

router(config)#dial-peer voice 100 voip

router(config-dial-peer)#incoming called-number .

router(config-dial-peer)#no vad

in the above commands: Dial peer 100 is a default dial peer for incoming VoIP traffic. The incoming called-number command tells the router to look for a match to the dialed number identification service (DNIS) number of the incoming call. In this example, the command uses the . (period) wildcard, which matches all called numbers. VAD is turned off for these calls.

note this is an example u may do not use no vad

router(config-dial-peer)#dial-peer voice 10 voip

router(config-dial-peer)#destination-pattern 1...

router(config-dial-peer)#session target ipv4:10.1.10.10

router(config-dial-peer)#no vad

router(config-dial-peer)#voice-class codec 1

in the above commands: Dial peer 10 forwards calls for IP phones to the CallManager (IP address 10.1.10.10). The IP phone number range is 1000 through 1999, matched by the destination pattern 1... using wildcards for the last three digits. VAD is turned off for these calls, DTMF Relay is specified, and the codec voice class is associated with this dial peer.

#(config-dial-peer) voice class h323 1 command to set

the H.225 timer.

#(config-dial-peer) dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric: Use dual tone multifrequency (DTMF) relay to transport DTMF digits.

for CCM here is the guide:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/config_h323_ccm.html#cm4x

hope this helps

wow thanks for all the info.

khayes1984
Level 1
Level 1

Is this for Express or full blown Call Manager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: