lms 2.6 cannot support WCS but can WCS appear on LMS main page?

Answered Question
Aug 2nd, 2007

hi

i know lms doesn't support ALL wcs version so that means i cannot manage configuration on WCS and wireless controllers, am i correct?what about the lightweight AP controlled by wireless controllers?can i get the inventory information for those lightweight APs in LMS?

another thing is can i register WCS as cisco application in the LMS CS main page?any help would be appreciated

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 9 years 4 months ago

No, LMS can only manage APs running IOS. You also cannot integrate the WCS homepage with the CiscoWorks homepage. Only applications based on Common Services 3.0 and higher can be registered as applications on the CiscoWorks homepage.

You can, however, add a link to the WCS webpage off of the CiscoWorks homepage using Common Services > Homepage Admin > Link Registration.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Fri, 08/03/2007 - 18:08

No, LMS can only manage APs running IOS. You also cannot integrate the WCS homepage with the CiscoWorks homepage. Only applications based on Common Services 3.0 and higher can be registered as applications on the CiscoWorks homepage.

You can, however, add a link to the WCS webpage off of the CiscoWorks homepage using Common Services > Homepage Admin > Link Registration.

Actions

This Discussion