Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with sound of B-ACD

juan-castillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I?m running CME 4.1(0) with an auto-attendant. The problem is that it?s sound so bad, you can only hear noise. The au files are the original from cisco, and I can reproduce them perfectly in my computer, but no in the router. I?ve used B-ACD 2.1.0.0 and 2.1.2.2 with no result.

It?s seems like is problem of the codec... but I have other system eith the same cofiguration and it works ok. Any idea of where can be the problem? Some debug option?

Thank you very much!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

How are you connecting to pstn ? Some config please ?

View solution in original post

Hola Juan,

It's very strange, however I can tell you something that I found personally, when something goes wrong with the audio files, it's not enough to delete and copy again or even use the command "audio-prompt". You must reload the router instead.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

How are you connecting to pstn ? Some config please ?

I am connecting to pstn through a FXO port. In a moment I?ll post a configuration file.

Thanks!

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Check if the voice ports have the correct compand.

Outside US it is a-law and Cisco default is u-law

Jan

Compand should not matter for analog ports. Are calls to phones OK ?

Yes, the calls to phones works perfectly.

Well, I think that the problem is not the compand type (I have probed with two types). Also I?ve configured other systems in Spain and it worked fine. The sound is not the typical when there is a problem with the compand, with distortion.

In the configuration file the port where the aa is running is 0/1/0 with pilot number 3030. The B-ACD is running, and the option works fine.. the only problem is the sound...

In this file you can hear the sound. The sound is diferent if I change the au file.

I?ve probed the MOH feature and it works fine, so I?ve used the MOH au like welcome message... and the sound dosn?t work. So I?m sure that this is not a problem with the files...

Hi I wouldn't be sure yet that is not aproblem with the files.H ave you tried the default files ?

Hi!

Yes I have tried with the original files, and it does not work. I?m starting to think that this could be a hardware failure...

Now I have renamed the welcome audio message as music-on-hold.au, and when I use the "hold" feature I can hear the file perfectly...

I have No idea how I can debug this issue.

Hola Juan,

It's very strange, however I can tell you something that I found personally, when something goes wrong with the audio files, it's not enough to delete and copy again or even use the command "audio-prompt". You must reload the router instead.

Well, I?ve reloaded de router and now it works. I think it was a problem with the memory or something like that...

Well, Thanks very much!

Glad to know it works.

Now if you use "dial by extension", you will find that if the extension is busy or no answer, B-ACD will abruptly hang-up without advising the caller.

So I've modified it a little to have the call return to menu. If you want to use that modification, you can find it at:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/IVR/app-b-acd-aa-2.1.2.3.tcl

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: