cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Design

ajames2007
Level 1
Level 1

I have one main site with CM 4.1 and unity. I have a remote site that?s is connected of a WAN. The Main number for the remote site comes in across the E1 circuit at the main site then goes across the WAN link. How can I ensure the remote site can still receive calls on their main number if the WAN link goes down? Is there a way I can monitor the WAN link and if it goes down route the main number back out the PSTN to a single POTS line at the remote site?

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the WAN link is down you should failover to SRST, you have some choices there:

use alias command to direct the call to local phone

use TCL AA script to answer the call and allow caller dial an extension

use translation rules and if you want send the call out to PSTN

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for that. I do have SRST enabled on the router for internal and external calls.

where would I use the Alias, TCL AA or transaltion rule woudl this be on the main site gateway where the main number comes in also how will it know if the link has gone down?

thanks

I misread your initial post, I though you said the main number comes into the remote site.

What does the main number call flow do?

Chris

ok at the Main site I have a 2800 with 30 E1 Channels. 50 DDI number are pushed down this E1. for various phones at the main site and a main number for the remote site

I then have an IP link (LES 10) to our remote site where 10 phones are connected back to the CM. at this remote site I have an SRST GW with a single pots link pluuged in so they can make internal and outbound calls. if the LES 10 link goes down when some one calls the main number for the remote site they would not be able to get through so I wanted to be able to check if that LES 10 link goes down and if it does route the call back out the PSTN to the single pots link plugged into the SRST GW at the remote site.

Thanks for your help and advice

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: