Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Visual Topology not updating

georges.merhej
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have installed LMS 2.6 on windows server 2003. Everything is working OK except the topology map refreshing of the campus manager. Some of the links stay in red color status although they are UP and running and do not update even after a new data collection.

Any idea ?

Regards,

Georges

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This may be a device issue. If the links are red, that could indicate a bug relating to ifOperStatus on the related ports/interfaces. Therefore, get the ifOperStatus on both ends of the red link, and see what the value is. For a link to be green, both ends must report up (1).

this could also be related to the problem some people described here after installing the CM 4.0.9 patch. I recently have had the same issue.

After installation of the CM 4.0.9 patch all the links on the topology changed their colour to red. Only a reinit of the ANI DB solved the problem.

So, if this is also truth for you, you could try the following in a Dos box to whipe out the ANI database (but you will lose your User Tracking Data as well):

NMSROOT\bin\perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

with NMSROOT being tho path to where LMS is installed (usually C:\Program Files\CSCOpx)

after running a discovery and a Data collection all should be fine again

The 4.0.9 problem typically manifested itself with red dashed links (i.e. all links went to not-in-network). A solid red line usually indicates a problem with ifOperStatus.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: