cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186

valides007
Level 1
Level 1

Hey i'm pluging an analog phone into my ATA 186. I'm able to recieve calls on this phone, but i'm not able to make a call. When you pick up the phone you can't hear dialing tones, in other words you don't hear anything.

Is there something i need to do with the IP-PBX or with the ATA 186.

15 Replies 15

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What image are you using, H.323, SCCP, SIP?

Chris

I'm using H.323 and SIP

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

valides007,

No, if you're able to recieve call on the device then you should definitely hear some kind of a dial tone on the phone. Can you make a call when you try an extension?

-Shikamaru

I'm able to make a call from any voip phone (1940) to the ATA 186, and it's working. You hear the analog phone ringing, and you can talk... plus that i'm able to make calls between the voip phones, the only thing that it doesn't seem working is making calls from the ATA to any of these voip phone..

The issue of not hearing a dialtone on your analog phone connected to the ATA makes me wonder if something isn't wrong with the phone itself. I would recommend, first, verifying that the ATA device the phone is connected to is configured for a CSS that has access to the other extensions (partitions) in your network. I would then try another phone in the ATA to verify if you're having the same problem no matter which device is plugged in.

-Shikamaru

How do you configure ATA as CSS. Am i able to do that through the link HTTP://ip-address/dev ? of the ATA?

valides007, go to where you configured the ATA in CallManager. At the device level there is a drop down field for which CSS you want the device to have access to.

-Shikamaru

what do you mean ATA in CallManager? Do you mean the http://ip-address/ccme.html?

i did the CME configuration through telneting to the unit.

Sorry, didn't realize you mean CUE. Try a different analog device and see if it does the same thing?

-Shikamaru

i tried 3 different analog phones, and i'm getting the same result.

It's only from one end, the ATA 186. Maybe i need to enter some values into the http://ip-address/dev?

i haven't solved yet the problem i'm facing with ATA186. Any help?

valides007,

You mentioned earlier in this thread that you've logged into the ATA. Have you made any changes to the ATA configuration? There's a section in the configuration on "Audio Parameters" that. I believe, pertain to the device volume "FXSInputLevel" and "FXSOutputLevel" (which should be -1 and -4 respectively.) It's strange that the device can recieve calls but doesn't apparently recieve a dial tone. Do you have another ATA you can test?

-Shikamaru

Here what i did:

I've logged into the ATA and checked both FXS values and they are set to -1 and -4 respectively. Originally i only changed the IP address and the net mask of the ATA, all other values haven't been touched.

I tried 2 different ATAs and it's still giving me the same result.

I want to add something. the device is receiving a call from any ip phone connected to CME but there is nothing going on when i try to call any ip phone from the ata.. I'm wondering if it's from the CME.

valides007,

What ephone syntax are you using for the ATA? Please post.

-Shikamaru

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: