Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and Outlook Mobile 5

lyle.langston
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I am running Unity 4.0(5) with Unified messaging for WIndows Exchange 2003. So far, everything has been running ok for the past several months. But, there is an issue with some of my users who have PDAs that run Outlook Mobile 5 to check their email and voicemail in unified messaging. When they click on the .wav file to play it, it will not play; it works fine in Outlook Mobile 6, but the majority are using 5. I have found out that the codec needs to be changed in order to play the .wav files for these users. But with that being said, I wanted to know if I changed the codec in Unity (which will probably require a reload from what I have looked at) will the codec change impact anything else in a critical state (i.e. CallManager)?

4 Replies 4

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Sorry this is not an answer but a question to your question. I have the same issue and know about this somewhat.

Where are you making the change to the codec? On the pda? are you adding a g711 codec to windows mobile 5?

If you are changing the codec on the pda it will not impact anything.

rlp

I was thinking about changing it to Unity, but with changing it on the PDA might work out better. Thanks, and I will check on this.

Let us know how it works out for you, this is a big issue.

rlp

Okay, here's what we have ended up doing. After working trial and error through the weekend, we have come up with an alternative solution for Outlook Mobile 5 users; since there are no reported issues with our users that have Outlook Moblie 6, we are leaving the codec alone after testing. Also, we have found a link to a third party .wav file reader:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-tcpmp-v0-72rc1.html

This will allow the PDA users to download this and use if need be. I just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that this is going to be our solution for the interim and also if anyone else has this issue.