cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Presence and CUPC?

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

I am attempting to get our lab working to see if Presence will be a viable resource for us, but running into issues. First, will this entire setup, including CCM, CUC, CUPS, CUMPX, and CUPC need to be in its own domain? What I am running into are authentication issues with CUPC. For some reason I am unable to connect to the CCM to login with CUPC, but can hit the CUPS, and get Protocol Failure(probably because I should be logging into CCM. What I came across is a log that is showing that my login name has our email domain tagged onto it. I have LDAP setup on a seperate windoze box, once I connect to the CUPS, and cancel out login after the protocol failure I can bring up server health and see all but presence and Unity connection are green, the two that are not show authentication failed.

The documentation that I find shows how to go through each step, but doesn't really explain why or what it should be. I haven't found any examples of a fully working system like I can with the ASA and routers. Can someone point me to a good layout of a fully functional setup so I can track down what I am missing? CUPC is the only thing NOT working in my lab.

5 Replies 5

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

What version of CUPCand CUPS are you using.

With CUPS version 1.0.3 you need CUPC 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 Version 1.2X only works with CUPS 6.0

Another point is that you need to have an LDAP connection for CUPS and CUPC to work properly.

Hth

Armando

Aha, that is probably what it is then,. I have 1.2 on my machine. I have LDAP setup on the Unity Connection, but I think the firewall is blocking something as LDAP isnt synching. I am much closer to getting it working now, than when I first posted.

Partially working, but still not seeing anything other than the phone control.

Does Callmanager 5.x need to use LDAP with this, or can the LDAP be for just the presence server?

I am experiencing the same problem with Presence and CUPC. Were you able to get the search function working?

The permissions for LDAP are not complete, you need to go through all the attributes listed and make sure the users have read permissions on those attributes as well. We finally got it working, now just waiting for CUPS6.0 to be shipped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: