Resetting a Device on a 1242AG Access Point Network

Unanswered Question
Aug 3rd, 2007

Hello,

I have two back to back 1242AG Access Points seperated by about 100ft using the A-Band. One is configured as root bridge and the other is a non-root bridge. We are using 128bit WEP encryption with broadcast key rotation. The APs are connected to Cisco switches and we have wired devices connected to the switchs. The problem is that when one of our devices that is on the wired switch port goes through a reset which temporarily causes a disconnnect from the nework(no link LED on the switch port), that device gets stuck in reset for at least 5-10 minutes or until I reset the access points(not the switch). If I bypass the access points to make sure its not just our device, then the resetting of the device only takes 30 seconds or so like a normal reboot should. Does anyone know why the access point no longer allows communications to a device that has been reset for a long period of time or has to be reset? One other thing, we are using power injectors between the access point connection to the cisco switch - don't know if that matters.

Thanks very much.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker