Views
Helpful
Replies

Phantom Call? anwser the phone to get a beep then disconnect

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Im having 1 user report that every now and then he either get's a call or a voicemail that has 1 beep then disconnects. Any idea's?

My first step is going through CDR's to see if i can find where the call originated from. any help would be appreciated on this one.

CCM 4.2.3 SR2b, OS 4.4aSR9

Unity 4.2 (all updates), TSP 8.1.3

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Justin,

It sounds like this users number must be entered in the database of some company's "dialer" system. Usually when we have this happen I ask the user to supply the time and date of these rather annoying calls and then search their Missed Calls list from the IP Phones Call History directory. Contact the offending company and ask to be put on the "do not call" list and have the directory number removed from the dialer database.

Your idea of using the CDR records is a very good one as well but probably a little more work on your part :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, Maybe I should of just asked you directly lol

Unfortunately we don't have external caller id from telus yet...It's in the works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: