cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS & Certificates - Multipart Question

htaluja_2
Level 1
Level 1

I generated request on CSS using gencsr. Sent it to CA. CA sent 4 certs: CA Root, Verisign, domain. Question 1: I just need to upload the domain cert right?

While uploading the option i have is pem or pkcs#12. The cert sent was in .crt format. Which should I use?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Diego Vargas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only certificate that needs to be uploaded to the CSS is the server certificate, so you are right. Also .crt is just the extension (certificate), the real format is PEM or PKCS12, that would depend on where did you created the CSR, on this case, since you created on the CSS itself this is a PEM, if you would do it on a Microsoft environment it would probably be PKCS12.

So select PEM to upload the file from the FTP server.

Hope it helps!!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Diego Vargas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only certificate that needs to be uploaded to the CSS is the server certificate, so you are right. Also .crt is just the extension (certificate), the real format is PEM or PKCS12, that would depend on where did you created the CSR, on this case, since you created on the CSS itself this is a PEM, if you would do it on a Microsoft environment it would probably be PKCS12.

So select PEM to upload the file from the FTP server.

Hope it helps!!