I schedule my CCNA exam but still scared

Unanswered Question
Aug 3rd, 2007

Hello every one,

I finally schedule my exam for august 17th . I study so hard but i'm scared . I don't want to fail . Can i have advice from you ?

thank you .

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Danilo Dy Fri, 08/03/2007 - 21:07

When you arrive in the testing center, kick the door as hard as you can. Your feet will be too painful during the exam for you to remember that you are afraid :)

Be confident, believe in yourself, don't try to cram before the exam - it will just add to your anxiety and fear. Try to relax, go out see a movie. If you keep yourself isolated with the books, you will have this fear up to the time you take the exam. Don't try to read new study materials or tell anyone that you are taking the exam, people will fed with you with new study materials trying to help but they are not, it's not a good idea to start reading new study material close to the exam date.

Failure is a part of our life. Nobody is perfect. Of course we all don't want to fail if we can help it, but however prepared we are sometimes fate is against us. However, failing is not the end of the world, you move into the second phase which is learning from your mistakes/failure.

Good Luck and Relax!

Regards,

Dandy

acheraime Sun, 08/05/2007 - 14:55

Thank you Dandy. I will try my best to relax and take the exam.

compsolv Fri, 08/03/2007 - 22:31

DO NOT FEAR! Be positive and enjoy your studies and enjoy the exam experience.

"Fear is the path to the dark side!" - Yoda

Anthony J. Sequeira

leslieisaac Sat, 08/04/2007 - 02:12

I'm feeling you dude! I have my 1st attempt at the ICND exam on August 14th and I'm nervous even though I have already passed my Intro exam.

You are never going to retain everything you cover in the books so as long as you give 110% what will be will be. Failing an exam is not the end of the world like these guys have said; truly failing would be if you give up becasue you didn't pass...using experiences like that will motivate you to work harder and focus

With that said I must get back to my studies, any tips on EIGRP and OSPF would be appreciated

:-)

ravishankar.ipv6 Sat, 08/04/2007 - 02:51

hey come on dear,

dont panic n keep ur cool but work hard...

i will be better in advicing u bcoz i cleared ny ccna in second attempt..

let me tee u about my first attempt:

i reffered sybex book , practised some simulator n went for exam..... i has very much afraid as 849 was the passing out of 1000.

there were 54 questions of wich i had two simulator.....

ok wat i want to advice u is dont just read the bk but try to solve all review questions given in ur bk n practise more of simultors......

i will tell u that cisco grants 300 marks initially even b4 u start ur exm. so u need to score from 300 to 1000 only. i mean that u hav to only score 550 minimum marks out of 1000 to clear the exam.

and talking about time duration : it is more than sufficient to do each n every question but maintain ur cool throughut the exam.

i just solved all the questions n practised lots of simulator for my second attempt and gave the exam in a week and cleared.

so all that i want to say u is keep ur confidence high and u can score well .all the best.

any more info , feel free to mail me.......

acheraime Sun, 08/05/2007 - 15:12

thak you my man . I use the tow cisco press book .I do some simulations . I hope that i will get it .

thank you .

etienne.basset Sat, 08/04/2007 - 02:57

hello

Just continue to work hard, but try to relax 2-3 days before the exam. CCNA is not so easy, but it's definitively doable.

good luck

Etienne

brunokozul Sun, 08/05/2007 - 03:59

C'mon mite, no scare, we'll do it! first you and soon me too. you see how many other good guys did it. be sure you have crossed fingers in melbourne on 17 aug.

junshah22 Sun, 08/05/2007 - 21:48

Hello Dear,

I failed in CCNA three times.................

and still trying to get CCNA, my suggestions are ... don't nervous in simulation question.. as I was in my first 2 attempts....in my third attempt I tried to submit answers of other questions very quickly and gave many time to simulation question.......

I read the question and task 10 times then I successfully completed my simulation question...but........could not pass and failed with a score of 821

Best of Luck

Regards,

Junaid

People say-Failure is the way to success!

I don?t mean you have to fail every time to be successful, you can learn from other people mistake. Be positive, Study hard, Believe in yourself and I hope you will make it. Keep in mind -Nothing is impossible if you work hard.

Best of Luck!

Don?t forget to share your experience after exam.

I took the CCNA exam 3 times. The first time I just flubbed it. The 2nd time I knew my stuff but went too slow so ran out of time (missed it by 21 points). The 3rd time I got a 921. The key for me finally passing was not spending too much time on the multiple choice and subnetting questions so that I would have plenty of time for the simulations which take a bit of thought. On the multiple choice, immediately eliminate the wrong ones. On subnetting make sure you can figure them out quickly by looking at them. Also, don't cram the night before. Maybe do a few practice tests (I used Trancender), but to try not to cram a bunch of stuff into your head at the last minute.

Actions

This Discussion