cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Conditional Route Injection doesn't work, need help.

CSCO10892433
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, forum

Based on the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a008056c866.html

I was doing a lab test for this new feature. The lab senario is very simple, R1 send 10.1.1.0/24 to R2, R2 will conditional injects 10.1.1.0/25 and 10.1.1.128/25 to the BGP table. Unfortunately, I failed to make this happen. Below is the show ip bgp command output:

r2#sh ip bgp 10.1.1.0

BGP routing table entry for 10.1.1.0/24, version 2

Paths: (1 available, best #1, table Default-IP-Routing-Table)

Not advertised to any peer

10.0.0.1 from 10.0.0.1 (10.2.1.1)

Origin IGP, metric 0, localpref 100, valid, external, best

r2#

r2#

r2#

r2#sh ip bgp inj

r2#sh ip bgp injected-paths

r2#

As you can see, there is no routes to be injected which should be there. I 've tried it over and over but no luck. Could anybody help me figure out this issue. What have I missed?

Attached is the configuration of r1 and r2.

Thanks for your helps.

SSLIN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SSLIN,

The issue is with the ROUTE_SOURCE prefix-list. You are matching against the BGP RID, when the route source should be the BGP next hop (10.0.0.1). Just change the prefix-list and it should work.

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Can you post the output of sh ip bgp on R2 & R1

Narayan

Hi, Narayan

Thanks for your reply.Problem has been solved by using Harold's method. If you are still interering in seeing the show ip bgp output, please let me know.

Best Regards

SSLIN

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SSLIN,

The issue is with the ROUTE_SOURCE prefix-list. You are matching against the BGP RID, when the route source should be the BGP next hop (10.0.0.1). Just change the prefix-list and it should work.

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi, Narayan,HAROLD,Pavlo

Thanks for all the replies to my question. Problem have been solved by using Harold's method. Besides that,I have to add another peer to R2 so that the injeted routes have a way to advertise out.

Harold, do you agree that the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a008056c866.html

is kind of misleading? It's the link says using 10.1.2.1/32 for route source and it looks just like a loopback address to me. And also, if there is a diagram on this link, it would be easier for us to correctly set up a lab senario and quickly verified this BGP feature. Thanks for you help.

Best Regards

SSLIN

SSLIN,

I agree that the example provided in this document is not very clear. I will work with the documentation team to rectify this situation.

Thanks for the comment,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

I agree with Harold.

Also, i had bad experience using PREFIX lists to match route-source. Try using standard ACL instead.

like:

access-list 10 permit host 10.0.0.1

route-map LEARNED_PATH permit 10

no match ip route-source

match ip route-source 10

Hi, pavlo

Thanks for your interesting suggestion, but prefix-list is not an issues for this case.

Thank you

SSLIN

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: