Views
Helpful
Replies

InterVlan routing

shjengschool
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Is it possible to configure InterVlan on 877 series? I tried configuring subinterfaces on Fa 1-3 and failed. Can someone please suggest.

IOS Version:

C870 Software (C870-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(4)T2.

6 Replies 6

slaptijack
Level 1
Level 1

The Fast Ethernet ports on a Cisco 877 are switch ports, correct? That means they need to be configured like a Catalyst switch, not a router.

I've never used any of they 800 series models, but I've used the switch port network modules in the Cisco 3600 series.

In order to get those devices to do what you want, you had to create multiple VLAN interfaces and assign different ports to difference VLANs.

Hope that helps get you started.

Yes you can configure interface vlans on a 877 router

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/85x87x/857swcg/eng/index.htm

HTH

Narayan

Hi,

Sorry for not explaning what am I going to achieve.

I have Cat 2950 Series switch on which I have configured 5 Vlans. For intervlan communication am trying to use 877 as a router on a stick model.

One of the port (trunk) from 2950 can be connected to 877 Fa port for intervlan routing.

Please advice if am doing mistakes.

Regards,

Sunoj

Hi,

Sorry for not explaning what am I going to achieve.

I have Cat 2950 Series switch on which I have configured 5 Vlans. For intervlan communication am trying to use 877 as a router on a stick model.

One of the port (trunk) from 2950 can be connected to 877 Fa port for intervlan routing.

Please advice if am doing mistakes.

Regards,

Sunoj

Hai,

U got answers for that question.if not detail me abt the ip address and configuration

dimuthurathna
Level 1
Level 1

Please use WAN interface , then it should work (This is the only routed interface).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: