CAD Upgrade frm 7.1 SR4 to 7.2(1) fails PostInstall.exe

Unanswered Question

It appears that the install has worked OK, but when I run PostInstall, I get to the second last item and it fails on the Recording and Stats page. I'm going for a blank database, but it says:

"Error adding user to groups. User does not exist". I checked the PostInstall001.log and see essentially the same error in the method SPIAgentsScriptFV - UpdateDS.

Has anyone seen something similar?

I am trapped at the second last step and can't get to the last step and complete teh postinstall config. Bummer.

I know the system is not complete because when I fire up an agent desktop it tells me it has to update itself to 7.2, and it does so very quickly. If I launch it again it wants to update again. If I uninstall and reinstall (there appears to be a bug in the install web page that I worked around) it says that the Config has not been completed correctly. This is actually documented in the install guide - but the steps I am supposed to take cannot be taken because the postinstall has not finished.

Regards,

Geoff

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
adignan Mon, 12/10/2007 - 13:35

Ok, so, one of the things the OS Hardening wizard does in UCC Enterprise 7.2.3 is rename the administrator account to “xadministrator”. This causes the CAD installation/upgrade to fail. I renamed the account to administrator and logged in with administrator and re-ran setup with no issues.

Actions

This Discussion