Views
Helpful
Replies

A call redirect to Voice Mail

mnour401917_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a problem with my CRS queuing Scrip, I recently added a VM functionality on the script, Which means IF a call is in a queue, for a long period of time say more than 3 minutes to redirect it to a UNITY Voice mail.

And also after hours to redirect it to voice mail. I used the Redirect step to accomplish this step. It works Perfect when you test it from inside using an extension.

When you call from outside using a full number, this script does not work; I get a massage indicating that there are some difficulties completing the call to Unity.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Who is playing the error message, unity or ipcc? might be some CSS issue with the gateway, or some codec negotiation.

Try the IPCC reactive debugging to identify the exact failing point.

HTH, Avner.

dford333
Level 1
Level 1

normally running the script is for outside calls since you are calling the AA. which is tied to CM by cti ports and route port.

in the service parameter...Callmanager

Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Forward)

Parameter Name Parameter Value Suggested Value

Forward Maximum Hop Count* 12

Forward No Answer Timer (sec)* 12

make sure that the FNA in unity is less than 12 or what ever value you are using, unity will never get the call otherwise.

for after hours you need to do a date check initially in the script to check for sat and sun. also for the custom queue define parameters for call hold and transfer after 3min.

Hi Aizhar and dford333,

Thank you for your response.

IPCC is playing the error message, It can not redirect the call to Unity when you call to it from outside, But it works from inside. It could be codec negotiation Problem, but how do I check.

Unity Voice mail works fine for normal extensions (User Phones), but not for the IPCC Script, when calling from outside.

I will try to do the changes on the CallManager service parameter and see if can get it working; I will be back to you if I get it working or if I have any updates on it.

Cheers

Try to check the gateway's CSS, make sure it has access to unity's pilot.

oh yea, make sure you have matching codecs I seen this before, g729 call to ipcc which is g711. by default

Hello,

Nothing seems to be working in order to use the call redirect step, to redirect my call to voice mail, been working with TAC..and no solution yet.

But i have come up with some thing which is working, i have the Call Consult Transfer method to transfer my call to a route point and the route point redirects the call to voice mail.

This way it is working..IPCC now can redirect calls from outside to a Unity VM.

Any suggestion on this?

Hi, I beleive the problem is how Unity sees the call from CallManager. It needs to show up as a forwarded call. All you have to do is create a CTI Route Point and set the DN to the voicemail box number. In the DN of the RP check all boxes to voicemail and make sure you have the VoiceMail profile set. Make sure the Route Point DN is accessible from the CTI Port CSS by making sure you have it in the right partition which makes it accessible to CT Port CSS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: