cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

failover ISDN backup link

amcocisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have situation where half of my network is connected with one central location and other half with second central location. Every router is connected with primary frame-relay link and ISDN as backup link (floating static route conf).

I need to configure that in case backup link can't manage to connect with one central location start connection with second central location. Failover ISDN backup link. Any sugestions? Thanks

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure the two numbers under dialer interface. These will be tried in sequence, and in fact if things are configured properly it will be no problem if some branches are connected to primary hub and some to secondary.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I have diferent addressing on secondary location, but I think that this can be solved using another Dialer in remote offices and secondary IP address in central location. I will test soon this using mora one static route with bigger admin. distance in remote offices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: