cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extra Callid characters

breakwaterit
Level 1
Level 1

I have just rolled out a new copy of CME 4.2 and I seem to have extra random characters of the callid now. Thiey change every time you call a phone. Is this a bug or does someone know what I have missed.

Thanks

17 Replies 17

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you mean the clid on FXO ports from telco? If so, can you see the random chars via "debug vpm signal" ?

Hi Sorry, nope just calling phone to phone on the same cme ?

Paul

Ok, FW on the phones ? Pls upgrade to latest or very recent.

This is the firmware Im running.

load 7960-7940 P00307020200

I was using that with CME 4.1 with no issues, can you try 8.0.6 ?

I can try, its strange as this is a second site in the same company all running the same versions of cme and firmware , but it has this problem on my 2851 :(.

I have 8004000 will that work ?

Yes it's strange. I don't have 4.2 installations so I can't tell, but it's worth to try newer FW. The best thing is you do a factory reset (hold # when turning on pone, wait for led to flash in pattern, then press 123456789*0# and it will load term40.default.loads.

Darren Lynn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have this issue on 2 sites that are brand new installations of 4CME 4.1 running on both IOS version 12.4(15)T and 12.4(15)T1 and both netowrks are running on the latest FW versions.

only happens when calling between IP handsets on the same CCME.

It seems to be picking up parts of a certain users Name or Description field and filling to the max amount of characters available on the display.

Im seeing this on IP Phone types 7970, 7971, 7960 +7914, 7941 and 7940

I will test new firmware and report.

all new firmware tested and I still have the same issue.

Hi,

Can you guys try 12.4(11)XJ4, that is CME 4.1, not 4.2?

I have many installations and no issues.

I hav two site with 12.4(15)t and it only effects one site, I cant downgrade due to a bug fix in this version I need to handle SIP calls correctly.

But 12.4(11)XJ4 is not downgrade, actually I believe has more fixes than 12.4(15)T1.

I never had any issues when i used the XJ4 version, but due to clients wishes not to be on interim IOS releases, im forced to use the 12.4(15)T versions.

I have only noticed it since moving to the T strain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: