Views
Helpful
Replies

Oub & Subs different MCS's

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

for a callmanager cluster is it possible to have different series MCS's for publisher and subscribers, for example to have 7825 publisher and 7835 or 7815 subscriber and so on..

thanks

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi U-C,

There is no requirement that the Pub/Sub MCS servers be identical. As long as they support the version of CCM that you are building you should be good to go! The consideration that comes into play here is when thinking of "failover" scenarios. You don't want a server that only supports x number of phones to be less than what you need in case of failover.

Other than that there are no issues :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

what about if different versions, i mean pub of 5.x while sub is 4.x

i think this is not possible

but just to make sure?

Hi U-C,

You are most correct here, the CCM versions must be exact :) A 4.1.3 Publisher CCM will not work with a different Subscriber version (like 5.x or vice-versa). I'm sorry I misunderstood your original question.

Hope this helps!

Rob

user-cisco,

Well this is possible. Take for example what would occur if you were to perform an upgrade on a cluster?

Essentially, you would perform the upgrade on one of the members of the cluster first before moving onto the next. After this initial upgrade - you will have a cluster running disparate versions of CCM. Of course leaving this as-is will not be recommended. So as you know the best practice is to have all members of the cluster using the exact same version of code including any patch updates.

hth

Ajaz

thanks Rob, Ajaz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: