cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where can I get the CSA profiler?

nitass
Level 1
Level 1

Could anyone tell me where I can get evaluation version of the CSA profiler? I did not see it in the download page.

Thanks,

Nitass

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

The profiler/amalysis piece is included in the software download, you just to install the evaluation license for it.

Tom

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

The profiler/amalysis piece is included in the software download, you just to install the evaluation license for it.

Tom

Thank you so much Tom. Is it the Cisco Security Agent Analysis license?

Thanks again,

Nitass

Hi Nitass

Yes, that's what they call profiler now.

Tom

Thank you very much for your kind.

Have a nice day,

Nitass

Tom,

Did you ever try to use the Profiler or hear of anybody who did?

I was curious because our customers usuallly balk at the price. If it really was so good Cisco probably should have included it in order to distinguish its product from the rest of the Host-based IPS products.

Just my 2 cents.

If anyone has experience with the Profiler please post your opinion.

All responses will be rated.

Thanks!

Hi Paul, I use the Cisco Security Agent Analysis (used to be Profiler) now for application behavior investigation.

I didn't like Profiler much because it created rulesets that were very restricted (it only allowed the app being profiled and nothing else).

It works much better now because you can enable app behavior and deployment investigation for hosts or groups and go through it when needed.

I haven't dug into it fully but it seems to work better than it used to.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card