cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OPX call forwarding for FB and FNA

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

I have a particularly tough scenario. We have a large utilities client that has several types of PBXs interfacing with channel banks to hand off large groups of OPX lines from analog DID trunks to ring specific analog handsets. The customer wants to move these platforms into their existing Cisco VOIP solution on a gradual basis, but, after trying several options, they are not finding a reliable solution. Here is a brief overview of what has been used so far:

1) they inserted a VG248 in the chain to terminate the OPX analog lines, which I explained that this device wasn't really intended for that type of use. When they tried this scenario, they found that the VG248 doesn't provide enough current for the ringdown from the PBX.

2) they tried ISR 2800 routers with the MFTs configured to act inline with the PBXs to mux or split out the channels / DS0s on the T1 into individual PLAR OPXs to ring down to the individual analog OPX lines. This worked somewhat, but the big issue with this is the fact that it didn't provide the caller options upon a CFWD busy or CFWD NA state. I told them the only feasible way I know to handle that type of call control would be to take the OPX pilot and make it a "broadcast" ringdown to both the OPX extension and an additionl handset operator or some translated ringout to an answering service. It would seem pretty ugly to me, though, to get it to work. If anyone has some better ideas to try, I can share a scrubbed Visio and some additional detail of their current setup and what they are trying to accomplish. Thanks in Advance!

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure if that can be done with ds0's out of an VWIC2 card, but if you search for "sccp feature mode", you will see that the router is able to make analog ports to appear like IP phones to CCM or CCME, that would give you all the features including CFB and CFNA.

Beside I think that if you do an configureion with multiple DP you would be able to handle these situations as well without "sccp feature mode".

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

mrugeshpatel_2
Level 1
Level 1

Robert,

I am running into somewhat similar problem. How did you configure your MFTs?

TIA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: