cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't ping inside interface of PIX

frelaxx
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX 501 at a remote location and I seem to allow echo-repllies from the inside interface. I have tried ACL's and ICMP commands without success. I have attached a copy of the config.

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Just to clarify, are you tring to ping the inside interface of the remote pix from the outside of the pix.

If so you cannot do this with pix ver 6.x which i'm assuming is what your pix is running.

You can ping the outside interface form the outside, the inside interface from the inside and you can ping through the pix but you can't ping the outside interface from the inside and vice-versa.

HTH

Jon

If you are vpn'ing to the remote pix you can enter the following command in the pix to allow you to ping the inside interface address.

management-access inside

oabduo983
Level 1
Level 1

make sure the IP you are pinging from belongs to the NY_office subnet... otherwise you will need to have the other subnets in the icmp permit command.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card