cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Synchronizing config on a second IDSM?

t.clark
Level 1
Level 1

I have IDSM modules in 6513 switches. Is there any way to synchronize the configuration of the IDSM in the primary switch to the IDSM in the secondary switch? In the configuration guide I found a reference to "merging" a backup configuration to a current configuration, but there was no description for what "merge" actually means. I have copied the current configuration of the primary IDSM to an external FTP server. I am thinking I can copy that configuration from the FTP server into the secondary IDSM backup-configuration, then merge the backup-configuration with the current-configuration, but I was wondering if this would overwrite the host-ip address of the secondary IDSM.

Thanks,

Thomas

1 Reply 1

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

I think merging will overwrite similar existing commands in the config and will not remove the extra commands in the config. I don't think it is possible to synchronize the config of IDSM in primary to IDSM in secondary switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: