cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSD issue post MTS install

johnrotert
Level 1
Level 1

We're using CCM 4.1(3)sr5b, IPCC Express Premium 4.0(5)_Build042 & CAD/CSD 6.1(5). CAD is installed on two MS Terminal Servers serving 70 (will be closer to 200) Neoware E90 thin clients running Windows CE. All is fine except agents disappear and reappear in CSD- sometimes when their status changes and other times not. My supervisors say that their agents are ?popping?. This is a good description. They pop in and out of CSD. This behavior is only exhibited by users using the Neoware thin client devices. Users using a PC show up just fine.

We have run the "postinstall.exe" as outlined in the "Integrating CAD in a Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server or MS Terminal Services Environment" on the CAD installations.

Any help with CAD and/or CSD in a MTS environment would be appreciated. Our Cisco partner and our local rep could not help us in using CAD/CSD in a MTS environment. I guess not many do this. This is a logical solution for us as we have several call centers across the country. The agents only use CAD/CSD, MS Office and an AS/400 client. Our PCs were way past end of life (5-9 years old!) and this was the next logical step.

5 Replies 5

johnrotert
Level 1
Level 1

Here's a little update to this issue:

Agents that show up as "popping" only exhibit this behavior on PCs using CSD. The agents which "pop" are those on thin client devices only. If a user is utilizing CSD on a thin client device, no agents are listed at all.

Is anyone out there using CAD and CSD in a MS Terminal Service environment? We can't be the only one!

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

John

Any luck with this?

Do you have any type of windows firewall enabled or other firewall software enabled like some Anti-Virus packages now have on either the Terminal Server or particularly the Supervisor PC. What about Cisco Security Agent or Cisco VPN Client installed with the Stateful Firewall option checked.

Also, just wanted to make sure your supervisor software was installed on a PC, it is not supported on Terminal Svc or Citrix.

We have a TAC case open right now. The current issue is that agents, who are using a thin client logged into an MTS server, are "popping" in and out of CSD. Yes, CSD is installed on a PC. TAC is not offering any help to this issue. Needless to say, we're very frustrated right now. We followed the "CADCitrixMTS.pdf" fully, but agents still pop in and out of CSD.

I really appreciate you responding.

Thanks,

John

Hi John, a customer of mine is having the same problem. Can you post your TAC case number or email it to me so that the TAC Engineer I'm working with can review it? My TAC case number is 606696131. Thanks

Hi Guys

I ran into the same issue.

Did you ever get it resolved ?

regards

Gudmundur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: