Essential book for CCIE Voice

Unanswered Question
Aug 6th, 2007
User Badges:

I'm thinking about skipping the CCVP and going for the CCIE Voice.

What are the "must read" books for the CCIE Voice?

I know cisco.com lists recommended reading but not every book is a "must read".

Any help would be great

:)

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
vmalhi Mon, 09/10/2007 - 21:19
User Badges:

I think "Troubleshooting IP Telephony" by Paul Giralt is a must-read- also the Cisco Voice gateways and gatekeepers by Donohue/Mallory/Salhoff is well worth a read. Also come to mention it, CallManager fundamentals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vik Malhi - CCIE #13890, CCSI #31584

Sr Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.

A Cisco Learning Partner - We Accept Learning Credits!

Telephone: +1.810.326.1444

Fax: +1.810.454.0130

Mailto: [email protected]

IPexpert - The Global Leader in Self-Study, Classroom-Based, Video-On-Demand and Audio Certification Training Tools for the Cisco CCIE R&S Lab, CCIE Security Lab, CCIE Service Provider Lab , CCIE Voice Lab and CCIE Storage Lab Certifications.

pjweppner Thu, 09/13/2007 - 10:45
User Badges:

I am currently pursuing the CCIE Voice lab exam. I highly recommend the CallManager SRND Guide plus the QoS SRND. You should also go over the QoS for 6500 OS 7.6 and the CME command reference. Get yourself the IPexpert workbook and solution guide.

You basically need to look at the exam technologies/blueprint and develop a list of learning materials off of the blueprint.

I don't know how voice savy you are but all of the topics that are covered on the exam can be downloaded from CCO.

Actions

This Discussion