cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PiX501 firewall as DHCP Server

ghauriimran
Level 1
Level 1

VSAT Modem ==> Pix 501 as DHCPServer ==> WRT54GS Linksys wireless Router ==> Clients

I am trying to implement the above setup for my wireless network but unfortunately my linksys router is not able to access the internet throught PIX 501. Please advise the solution

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Did u refer this linkf for configurin the same ?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/config/pixclnt.htm#xtocid14

can you try removing the wireless router and place a PC and check whether the pc is getting the ip address from the pix ?

Also y you want PIX to allocate ip address to the router ?

Y cant your route be a dhcp server and assign ip to the clients ? can you also throw more lite on your setup.

regds

HI, [PLS RATE if HELPS]

I agree to Spremkumar comments.

Basic DHCP Services Config in PIX:

-------------------------------------------

Configure the PIX such that users on the inside network that are configure for DHCP receive an IP address, WINS, DNS and default gateway.

PIX1(config)#dhcpd address 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.200

PIX1(config)#dhcpd dns

PIX1(config)#dhcpd domain

PIX1(config)#dhcpd wins

PIX1(config)#dhcpd enable inside

1. Connect a PC/Laptop to the inside Interface via which the IP Address is leased

2. Why do you need a Router between the PIX (as DHCP Server) and Clients

3. Atlast can you check whether the Outside Interface is connected to VSAT Modem and Inside Interface to Wireless Router(if must) or a Client (for a testing)

Please refer sample configuration above for your help and provide more information on your requirement.

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Dear Guru Prasad

Rest every thing is ok the only valid question you raised here is

2. Why do you need a Router between the PIX (as DHCP Server) and Clients ?

Actualy I don't want to use the router in between but this is what is available at the moment this is why I specificaly mentioned the details of my device.

I am trying to use this linksys router as access point

if you have any query

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card