ICND cerification

Unanswered Question
Aug 7th, 2007

I took the ICND (640-811) certification yesterday and failed :( I thought I knew the stuff cold. Here is the thing. I understand absolutely why they do not give you a copy of your test when you leave, for security and integrity of the test. Why however, do you not have the option to view the questions you got wrong and the correct answers before you leave the testing center?? If you do not know what you got wrong on the test, how do you know what you need to study. It certainly seems as if Cisco is not motivated to help us suceed. I would love to discuss the simulation question I had with a Cisco expert, is that possible?

Thank you,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
NateBattle Tue, 08/07/2007 - 06:51

I am going to take the 811 exam either this Friday or next. Cisco uses those broad categories (Design, Implementation and Support and Technology) to try to point you in the right direction. When I took the 821 exam I found it helpful to review my study materials immediately after the test (I actually did it on the train as I was going home) so that I could feel confident in the things that I got right and and to better identify those things that that I missed.

Good luck the next time you take it.

leslieisaac Tue, 08/07/2007 - 06:57

Any advice or pointers that I should look out for? I have this exam a week today and I agree that it is annoying that you can't view what you got wrong!

Pavel Bykov Tue, 08/07/2007 - 08:29

You have your score in the end divided into categories.

You should know which answers you know and which you are guessing on.

It's not like that you felt extremely confident on every single question. Just try to remember which questions gave you the most trouble, and confirm this on your score report. Concentrate on categories, where you got lowest scores.

This Discussion