cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What does the additional 1Gb Mem Module for WAE-512 get you?

sheidelbach
Level 1
Level 1

I did not see a forum specifically for WAN Accellerators. If there is one, let me know and I'll repost there. Else, this looks to be the closest match.

I'm scoping the purchase of some WAE-512 Wan accellerators and have a couple of questions. 1) What does purchasing the additional 1 Gb Mem Module (MEM-WAE-1GB

) get you in functionality if you add it to the Branch and Central office WAE's? 2) Would it add any functionality/advantages at all if it was added to the 3rd WAE-512 that would function as the Central Manager?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tprendergast
Level 3
Level 3

The additional 1gb module really doesn't offer any performance advantage at this time. I think the option is there more for future growth as the software and features/functionality mature for the units. I've deployed ~10 WAE512s and 5-6 of the NMs. I haven't noticed any reason to upgrade the memory.

Hope that helps, rate if it does.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tprendergast
Level 3
Level 3

The additional 1gb module really doesn't offer any performance advantage at this time. I think the option is there more for future growth as the software and features/functionality mature for the units. I've deployed ~10 WAE512s and 5-6 of the NMs. I haven't noticed any reason to upgrade the memory.

Hope that helps, rate if it does.

Are you, by any chance, using wccp v.2 for redirection or inline module? If inline module, what does wae512 performance look like with inline card in it?

Thanks...

I've not implemented the solution yet. But I will be using WCCP to redirect the traffic to two appliances, and I will be using one WAE 512card as well. But, that will probably be a month+ from now, as some equipment is on backorder.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card