Best approach to rebuild Unity Servers 4.2.X

Unanswered Question
Aug 7th, 2007

Dear All,

We have over and over issue with our Unity Servers due to viruses couple months back which severely damaged SQL Database. Since then the servers are behaving differently then they should and any action we try to solve the issue required a manually rebuild of SQL database , upgrading, apply patches etc . Luckily , in some of the issue we were helped by the CISCO TAC engineer who happend to recover the servers in the past when he recover about 50 files on Primary and Secondary and 15-20 files on AD/Exchange 2000. Since then we had lots of issues. Anyway , my question to you is what would be the best approach to rebuild the servers (Pri, Sec, AD/Exchange) for a Cisco Unity Voice Messaging with Microsoft Exchange 2000 (With Failover Configured), release 4.2.x, starting let say: save the data from the servers, get identically HDD's and work on identical MCS 7800 rebuild and then swap the HDD's etc. What would be the best practice to do it, from your experience out in the field.

Many thanks in advance,

Here are some links about installing Unity but I want to found out also what our community think is the best approach:

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ranpierce Tue, 08/07/2007 - 12:39

Those are the 2 docs that I would follow for installing 2 new servers in a failover config. yes.

I am not sure that you will be able to save the data because I do not know what data you have. To tell you the truth though. From your descpription, I would rebuild and not try to recover unless you have DiRT. You would more than likely be in the same boat.

This Discussion