cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Web page stickyness>>>>>>>>>

gabrielbryson
Level 1
Level 1

I am struggeling to configure stickness when connecting to a specified web page identified by the key word of "report" in the URL can anyone help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am on a CSS11503 running ver 8.10

8 Replies 8

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you'll need to provide more details.

Do you want to match a specific url containing 'report' and then loadbalance between a set of servers, or do you want to send all traffic to a specific server when the report shows up ?

Is the 'report' keyword appearing after a cookie name like value=report ? Or does it show up as a file or directory ?

Can we see a typical url.

Thanks,

Gilles.

Hi Gilles

I am trying to load balance between two backend servers (that working ok)but when users connect to a url http://www.myweb.com/report/default.aspx specifically all pages that reference "reports" want to make those sticky because the backend application requires that all sessions going to report stay on the same server for the duration of the session.

hope that makes sense??

Gabriel

ok. makes sense.

So, what you want to do is create a new content rule that matches the current one.

Then, you add the following line to match the specific url

url "/report/*"

Then for stickyness, the best option is arrowpoint cookie. So you add the following command :

advanced-balance arrowpoint

After that, you should be ok.

Gilles.

Thanks Gilles

I have done what you suggested, but is there a way to prove that the "report" url is in fact be cached?? I am also making a SSl session sticky so when I look at #sh sticky-table all, i see there is a sticky entry in there buy the idle timer only seems to reset when i access a ssl session and not the /report link??

tihs won't work for ssl unless you have the ssl module to decrypt the traffic.

Gilles.

I have the SSL module, but getting back to my previous question what show command would show that the "report" url page is in fact been made sticky??

with arrowpoint sticky there is no database, so you won't see anything there.

Just check if you have hit on your content rules with the report page and that should be enough.

Or take a sniffer trace.

Gilles.

THanks for all your help....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: