Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyper Terminal.

I have accidently used "transport input none " on console port,Can anybody help how can i access console through hyper terminal. Pls Help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

srimural
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amit,

Nice to hear from you. Have you configured a snmp write string in the router.

if you have, please download winagents hyperconf and download the configuration using snmp and edit the console config and put it back.This is the easy way!!

Or

you can get the appropriate MIB and send the commands as well.

Please let me know if you need that info as well. I hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinath.M

Cable&Wireless

+919980930364

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

graemeporter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amit,

Can you connect to the device via telnet instead?

Kind regards,

Graeme

dear Graemeporter,

Same i have done with telnet.then what i will do dear friend,pls help me.I m in fix.

Regards

Amit

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

if u havent saved the config try reseting the router to get back your console access.

regds

I have saved dear , Same "transport input none" have done from telnet. help pls.

HI Amit,

HI Amit,

"transport input none" command is interface specific commands.

Let us know where this command has been specified in your configuration.

I hope you have given the command in:

#line con 0

cofig-line#transport input none

Whereas you have other few interfaces like:

#line vty 0 4

#line aux 0

Can you able to connect via any of the above Interfaces ie., atleast by Telnet / Aux

If you have given "transport input none" command in telnet also means let us know can you try connecting via AUX port ? ?

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Dear Guru,

I Have put this command on telnet,aux and console,by mistake.

#line vty 0 4

#line con 0

#line aux 0

Dear Now what should i do, help yaar.i m in great problem.

Hi Amit,

I don't think "transport input none" can cause this problem. Perhaps you may have "login" configured in VTY lines. Anf if you have then you cannot login. "Transport input none" does not cause this as I have just tested in my lab on one of the switch.

Anyway, the solution is if you have only configured "line vty 0 4" and "line con 0" then you might have a chance. What you need to do is start 6 or more telnet sessions up from your PC. The 6th session should bring the sign on prompt but only if you have not changed "line vty 5 15" configs.

You may need to make sure you start 6 or more telnet sessions all at once, perhaps may be by using a batch file if you cannot time it to start all togather.

I guess you have also checked you don't have ACLs applied to "LINE VTYs" or "LINE CON 0" as this may be another reason for not letting you in....

Failing this the the only option will be to do a password recovery.

I am still failing to understand why you cannot get console working unless there is an ACL applied.....Console should still work (it does not care about "transport input none" if baud rate is matching and there is no ACL.

HTH

Shaheen

krishnakomiti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Then you have to reset the router like how we are breaking the password and enter into the router remove the command and you can telnet or hyper terminal.

srimural
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amit,

Nice to hear from you. Have you configured a snmp write string in the router.

if you have, please download winagents hyperconf and download the configuration using snmp and edit the console config and put it back.This is the easy way!!

Or

you can get the appropriate MIB and send the commands as well.

Please let me know if you need that info as well. I hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinath.M

Cable&Wireless

+919980930364

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card