Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR in CS

u346874_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Any idea is there any file where i can read standard credentials what i have set to devices.(E.G.passwords)

thanks

Juha

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like this file is bad:

d:\LMS2.5\CSCOpx\objects\dcrimpexp\conf\Export_Format_CSV.xml

Please post it.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to export your devices from DCR to get credentials in clear text. You can do this under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management.

That was what I m looking for. Newer use tool like that. Now i think i have to edit file and tell what i want to export. But, when i try to open file Export_Format_XML.xml i get message like "The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource 'file:///D:/LMS2.5/objects/dcrimpexp/conf/Export_Form..."

Is there any ready to use file E.g. if i want all credentials.

thanks

Juha

Export to CSV, its much easier to work with regardless of platform. XML is a fad.

Hi

have you use that tool. If i choose that csv file for output file (Export_Format_CSV.xml ) i still get error message like "Reason: Parsing Error at line number 1 and in URI file:d:/LMS2.5/CSCOpx/objects/dcrimpexp/conf/Export_Format_CSV.xml.Refer d:/LMS2.5/CSCOpx/log/dcrimpexp.log for more information." I m not sure what i have to do.

What steps i have to do so that i can get those credentials.

Thanks

Juha

It sounds like you're mixing things here. If all you want to do is see clear text credentials, go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management > Export. Choose the CSV format, and specify an output file. The resulting CSV file can be opened in a text editor or a spreadsheet program like Excel.

You do not need to reimport anything.

Hi

Now back on this after holidays.

Now i tryed again after i specifyed an output file named "testfile" I choose one device which gredentials i like to see in clear text.

I got error messageges.( see log ) I can found that file which i created but its empty.

What migth be wrong.

Thanks Juha

Theres another way to skin this cat when the GUI blows up (which with 2.5-2.6 is not uncommon)

Use the command line tool dcrcli . Its your friend. I use it to export and import inventory between two clusters of Ciscoworks as well as create inventory lists that I reconcile with other network management systems (openview, opsware, concord)

syntax is "dcrcli -u (a username with admin rights)"

It'll prompt you for the account password and drop you at a "dcrcli>" prompt.

Type in exp fn= (path and file name to a writeable directory) ft=csv and hit enter.

Looks like this file is bad:

d:\LMS2.5\CSCOpx\objects\dcrimpexp\conf\Export_Format_CSV.xml

Please post it.

Hi and thanks for hint. The file was really bad(empty) I have another LMS 2.6 server and i copied the file from there and now the great export utility works. ; )

Juha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: