Jon

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joseph

1) Yes active/active has been supported from version 7.x onwards for the ASA

2) No, as far as i an aware ASA supports static routing/RIP/OSPF and with version 8.0 EIGRP but not BGP.

HTH

Jon

Hi Jon,

Is there any documentation for the A/A support? And which bundle product should I go for?

Thank you.

Joseph

Attached is a link to failover for ver 7.1 on the ASA which covers active/active failover.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa71/configuration/guide/failover.html

As for which bundle, that really depends on your requirements. What do you need apart from firewalling ?

Jon

Thanks for the link Jon. Is it for ASA5510? I cannot find such description.

As far as I know, ASA5510 need a upgrade license to have HA. But I cannot find any product of 5510 that provide Active/Active HA.

Besides, I need the following features:

1. SNMP

2. OSPF

3. BGP

4. TACACS+

5. SYN Flood attack

6. DOS attack

Thanks.

Joseph

You need to make sure you purchase the ASA5510 with a security Plus license. Then you can do your active/active failover.

The link i sent is for all ASA models.

Apart from BGP which we have already covered the standard ASA should meet your requirements.

HTH

Jon

Hi Jon,

I choose the following products, what do you think?

1.ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9, ASA 5510 Security Plus Appliance with SW, HA, 5FE, 3DES/AES

2.SF-ASA-7.2-K8, ASA 5500 Series Software v7.2

Hi Joseph

This looks like the right product.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card