Iomem memory message

Answered Question
Aug 8th, 2007

Hi!

I bought a refurbished router (3640- 64MB/16MB flash) for my home lab in ebay. During booting process I got this message regarding memory as follows:

"If any of the above Memory Requirements are UNKNOWN, you may be using an unsupported configuration or there is a software problem and system operation may be compromised. Rounded IOMEM up to: 4MB. Using 6 persent iomem. [4MB/64MB]."

Is there any problem with the memory? I want to make it sure before to call the vendor.

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Richard Burts about 9 years 3 months ago

Sanny

I do not see anything in what you posted that indicates that there is any problem. The first part of the message

"If any of the above Memory Requirements are UNKNOWN..." is a standard message that always prints out during the boot process for this platform. And then it indicates that it will be using 4 MB out of 64 MB for IO memory. This is quite normal during the boot process.

HTH

Rick

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Richard Burts Wed, 08/08/2007 - 05:16

Sanny

I do not see anything in what you posted that indicates that there is any problem. The first part of the message

"If any of the above Memory Requirements are UNKNOWN..." is a standard message that always prints out during the boot process for this platform. And then it indicates that it will be using 4 MB out of 64 MB for IO memory. This is quite normal during the boot process.

HTH

Rick

Richard Burts Thu, 08/09/2007 - 10:13

Sanny

Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that they will read a response which resolved the question. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

Actions

This Discussion