cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Idle URL question

gregoryt
Level 1
Level 1

Using CCM 5 and 7941G phones. I am trying to get a logo to display in the display using Idle URL. I keep getting a 404 error.

I have tried everything I found in this forum and other forums as well. Nothing seems to work.

In Enterprise Services screen, it shows several URL's for other features. All are in the http:Server_name:8080/ccmcip/ directory. However I can not see those files using the OS Admin util under TFTP Upload screens.

This makes me wonder if I am putting my logo.xml file in the right spot.

I have created the logo.xml file using the Cisco utilites to convert to a CIP file. I then upload it to a ccmcip folder using the TFTP upload feature. I can see it in the list of files/directories.

So where am I going wrong? Does it need to be on an external web server?

Thanks,

Tom

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

It does not need to be an external web server.

The phones have an embedded HTTP client, there is nothing special about the HTTP client.

To check the URL, use your favorite browser and validate the URL is good. If the URL fails, then it's an IIS issues. If the URL is good, then there is some other problem (image format?)

hope this helps

Hi,

On version 4.X is very simple due the OS System and a lot of documentation explaining this. But on version 5.X, I didn't find details of Idle URL configuration.

what I have to put in the field "Idle" on IP phone?

http://"CCM IP ADDRESS"/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

and where on CCM ( path ) I have to put the XML file?

tks

Exactly my question.

I have tried every form of URL address I can think of to display the image without luck.

I THINK it needs to point to the TFTP directory but the Linux box is so locked down (and I don't know Linux to begin with)m that I am not sure of the exact syntax I need to put in to make it work.

If not, then how do I get my .xml file where it belongs?

Tnx

Tom

Here's what I've determined.

1) If I put the files on an external web server, the phone can now see the files.

2) The .xml file I created with GIF2CIP is being seen by the phone from the external server but giving a error: XML Error [4]: Parse Error.

3) I downloaded a .ASP file from a site and loaded it on my external server and the phone sees and processes it fine.

That leaves 3 questions:

1) Where do the files go on the Linux server to use the internal web services.

2) How do I upload them there

3) What's causing the Parse error? I followed all the directions.

Thanks,

Tom

I had the same problem : the parse error was due to an image too large.

The Width can be no larger than 125 pixels.

The Height can be no taller than 60 pixels.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801c0764.shtml

tristan
Level 1
Level 1

You cant upload any file to the TFTP server in Callmanager 5 except signed cisco tftp Files.

Cisco hardend the box so it wont allow uploads.

You have to use an external web server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: