Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook plugin deployment

Hello!
We are now deploying outlook plugin, so the problem: it is unacceptable to instruct our users to install plugin manually, and we have to create an .msi for active directory.
What is your practice? Maybe IronPort have plans to release their own .msi packages, it will solve a lot of headache for system administrators all over the world!

13 Replies 13

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

There is currently a feature request to make the Outlook plugin in .msi format. The feature request number is #1028. You may want to bring this up with your Sales or System Engineer and mention the benefit that this feature can provide.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Hello!
We are now deploying outlook plugin, so the problem: it is unacceptable to instruct our users to install plugin manually, and we have to create an .msi for active directory.
What is your practice? Maybe IronPort have plans to release their own .msi packages, it will solve a lot of headache for system administrators all over the world!

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Such a *.msi-package would really be cool and very helpfull! As a admin I can't send a software to hundreds of people and ask them to install it (or forget and delete it... :shock: ) - I need a silent installation without any user intervention.

Such a *.msi-package would really be cool and very helpfull! As a admin I can't send a software to hundreds of people and ask them to install it (or forget and delete it... :shock: ) - I need a silent installation without any user intervention.

sure! we've managed to create our own .msi format installation. Using resource hacker we've made a russified version. I can provide this cyrillic resource file to developers (if needed).

I have used Auto IT to distribute some exe installation files. You can write a script to press the installation buttons automatically and then save the script as an exe. They just point users to a UNC patch with the script exe and the Ironport files and will do everything for them. Works great.

http://www.autoitscript.com/

tg_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Where do i find the plugin ?

Tobias

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

You can download it from the (protected) Support-Portal: http://www.ironport.com/support/login.html

denisp_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

guys any idea on plugin for postx in outlook any idea where can we get that ?

Eisenhafen
Level 1
Level 1

PostX Plugin for Outlook?
The PXE is a feature requiring AsyncOS 5.5 and a feature key on the appliance, then you can configure this on the gui.

denisp_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

we did that , but we need outlook plugin

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

The PXE "Desktop Flag" plugin will be on the support portal shortly, but in the interim you'll either need to raise a support call or talk to you IronPort sales team to get a copy.

tiadwo_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I have used Auto IT to distribute some exe installation files. You can write a script to press the installation buttons automatically and then save the script as an exe. They just point users to a UNC patch with the script exe and the Ironport files and will do everything for them. Works great.

What was the script you used? I created a script using AutoIT and it works, mostly, but keeps getting stuck at the end - sending the ENTER command doesn't push the 'Finish' button.

tiadwo_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Nevermind - I figured it out - wasn't counting the second to last screen - inserted a 'WinWaitClose' command and it worked!

What was the script you used? I created a script using AutoIT and it works, mostly, but keeps getting stuck at the end - sending the ENTER command doesn't push the 'Finish' button.

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Would you share such a script with me or the community? :oops:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: