cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Extract data from string

mamoss
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a method to extract a section of data in a string and place it into a new string? I wouldn't necessarily know how long that data is prior to running script, but know its inbetween 2 commas.

3 Replies 3

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, it is possible. In the script editor you can use the 'Set' function.

You have got to create a String variable and in the value section you have got to use the Expresions Editor, clicking on the three dot button.

You have to select in the above tabs 'String' and in the string methods you will find a lot of functions to use with string variables: lenght, substring, etc.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

I've looked in the Expression Editor and its not very clear what formulae I would use. There doesn't seem to be any detailed documentation on CCO (that I could find) that goes into formulae and examples. There are various docs, but they aren't clear. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi,

The Expression Editor programming is very similar to java. You can use java code on it. You can check the URL above in order to get more information regarding Expression Editor:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps6488/c1626/ccmigration_09186a00804a2b0d.pdf

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis