cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Software distribution failure

g0ld3ncask3t
Level 1
Level 1

When using CiscoWorks to upgrade IOS on some very remote 831 routers, sometimes it will fail. When this occurs, I can still log onto the 831 router but it now no longer has an IOS on flash as the old one is deleted to make way for the new one. The flash is still deemed to be " in exclusive use" mode from the failed software distribution job. If you try to run the job again it will complain that it can't because of the flash issue.I do not want to reboot the router because there is no IOS. What is required is a mechanism that will allow me to get control back of the flash so that I have another opportunity to run the job again. If this function does not exist then I think it needs to be on someone's "to do" list as it is very inconvenient to have to swap these remote routers which in my case can up to 1000kms away. After all the router is still functioning quite normally.

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

I think you must have a valid Cisco IOS software image on your router. Make sure the image supports your hardware and software features, and that your router has enough memory to run the image.