cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to recover the Flash memory

mohamedaman
Level 1
Level 1

i have 2811 router and incidently the Flash erased, i have a backup of the IOS file (.bin) i did upload it but when the router reloaded it's not goes up again.

please help in this issue.

4 Replies 4

garybeach
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a copy of the IOS file you might be able to get back to a stable platform by using the Rommon recovery or have a look at this link:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_tech_note09186a008073dc12.shtml

Hope this helps

Rgds

Gary

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

You forgot to set the boot variable, pointing to a new BIN file.

System needs to know which file to use to boot IOS.

E.g.:

(config)#boot system flash c2800nm-entservicesk9-mz.123-14.T7.bin

or

boot system flash (config)#disk2:c7200-jk9o3s-mz.123-21.bin

Depending where image is located (do a "dir /a" in exec).

Also, system normally tries to search flash for an image and boot something automatically.

I think the problem was that there was a line in configuration pointing to an old image and it couldn't find it.

But now you're in rommon, so this doesn't matter now. You need to follow rommon procedures.

Hope this helps in the future

the problem wasn't a dupplicat IOS the problem is the whole Flash memory erased.

rightnow i'm uploading the BIN file via xmodem but how can i recover the rest of the fils as i lost it (SDM,....etc)

krishnakomiti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Upload IOS via "xmodem" but it will take 3 to 4 hours to upload the software into router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card