Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM Probe Question

hussainmo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are currently running an http probe on the CSM which accepts a return code of 200 and 401 (because this application is single sign on and CSM does not have a user defined for it).

This application is having an issue where the web application is available and returning a 401 code, however in some cases the actual application instance is not available.

The only way we can see that is by looking at the HTTP stream:

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

WWW-Authenticate: NTLM

Content-Length: 0

Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:29:22 GMT

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Connection: close

This connection close is the only value by which we can tell whether the application is working.

My question is there anyway we can use this value in the probe. I am quiet sure that its not possible but if anyone can confirm that will be great.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you could with a scripted probe.

Some example are available in the tcl file in the csm software download section.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you could with a scripted probe.

Some example are available in the tcl file in the csm software download section.

Gilles.

Hi Gilles,

I was reading that CSM only supports on a HTTP Probes the request methods like "GET", "HEAD" and "URL", Not "POST".

It is possible to configure in a TCL script a HTTP Probe with "POST"?

I see in the manual (4.2(x) Release)that does not appears the generic tcl command "POST".

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hugo Rivas

Network Services

Data Center Triara

Yes you can.

The script lets you send whatever text you want.

There is no POST command but you can use a PUT command with the "POST ..." request.

set post_str "POST /cgi-bin/script.cgi HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: 1.1.1.1\r\n\r\n"

puts $sock $post_str

Gilles.

Ok, Gilles.

By the way, any restrictions implementing this feature in the CSM performance?

Thanks

Hugo

you can have only 50 instances of scripts running at any time. So that limits the number of server or the frequency.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: