BCMSN - VRRP Interface Tracking

Unanswered Question
Aug 9th, 2007

Whilst studying BCMSN I have come accross a question regarding interface tracking in a practice exam. The exams asks which of the three redundancy protocols support Interface Tracking. The answer given says VRRP does not, but I can find a Cisco document that states it does.

Is the question wrong, or am I missing something?

--- I have asked in the LAN Switching and Routing Forum, with no response. Sorry about the duplication ---

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
etienne.basset Thu, 08/09/2007 - 06:20

sometime cisco add 'features' to their IOS, and exams are not updated in time.

You searched cisco.com to find the answer to your question this is of course THE correct way to do, but to pass the exam maybe you'll have to give a wrong answer ;)

if the question is on an'official' certif guide it's not up to date, if it's on a braindump well their answers are more than often questionnable

mark.j.hodge Thu, 08/09/2007 - 08:52

The qustiion is from the current Cisco Study Guide CD (Fourth Edition). I have checked the pdf and printed vesion, and in the Foundation Summary confirms the belief that VRRP does not support Interface Tracking.

What are the chances that it is supported with Routers IOS, but not Switch? I have looked but I caonnot find anything on the Cisco site.

If it is incorrect, what are the chances the real exam has it wrong too? I'm a little concerned as I intend to retake soon and am using the book exam to judge readiness.

This Discussion