cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any experience with hybrid to native Conversion Utility?

kschleppenbach
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone have comments on using the Hybrid to Native Conversion Utility (not to be confused with the Configuration Conversion Tool).

Thanks

5 Replies 5

tromer
Level 1
Level 1

I have used it before, but I prefer to just do it by hand. It's a good start though.

I would take the cat config line-by-line and configure the correct IOS command for each.

Use the utility though, it's a good start, but make sure you double check between catos and ios. It may leave commands out that are not supported in IOS, so you may have to know a workaround.

Thanks, But I'm referring to the Hybrid to Native Conversion Utility, not the Configuration Conversion Tool. The Utility is set up on a PC with the required code files and it does the config reg changes, reloads, file copies, etc. to perform the actual conversion from CAT to IOS.

My bad, Yeah that sounds cool... Never messed with that one! I have to migrate a couple times every month or so and I'll have to check it out!

Hi,

Personally i've tried both, but i preferred doing the conversion without the Conversion Utility, using the Conversion utility can take more time (please do check step 5 in Run the Conversion Utility section, the five error messages that could appear), on the other hand i've felt the normal conversion without the utility is more logical and professional, plus i remember also that using the utility only applies to Supervisor Engine 1, 1A or 2 with a MSFC card.

How to Convert a Catalyst 6500/6000 Supervisor Engine from Hybrid Mode (CatOS) to Native Mode (IOS) Using a Conversion Utility

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008070f124.shtml#Conversion

System Software Conversion from CatOS to Cisco IOS for Catalyst 6500/6000 Switches

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa6.shtml

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Do you know if there is a conversion tool for a SUP32?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco