cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manually Make CallManager Failover

zebranutz80
Level 1
Level 1

We used to have an Avaya Definity. This system was actually 2 for redundancy. The 2 systems were called 'SPE A' and 'SPE B'. Definity had the ability to manually switch services from 'SPE A' to 'SPE B' and visa-versa. This was nice because if we needed to perform maintenance on 'SPE A', all we needed to do was switch the services over the the other SPE.

My question is: Can you manually switch services from Publisher to Subscriber and visa-versa in a CallManager 4.1(3) environment.

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sure, you can shutdown the Callmanager service or other services such as TFTP by going to Callmanager Serviceability or through Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

I suppose I could do that. I was more or less hoping for a way to take one of the CallManagers temporarily out of the cluster, perform maintenance, then bring it back in.

Avaya made this nice by providing a physical switch. Obviously the CallManager doesn't have a switch, but a check-box in the Administration would help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: