Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones Dropping "CM Down Feature Disable" error

Greetings,

We have been having an issue with four phones in a remote area of our company. These four phones drop at the same time. The rest of our phones (total of 600) are fine.

The error displaying on the phones are:

CM Down Feature Disable

The error we get no the server side is:

Error: DeviceUnregistered - Device unregistered.

Device name.: SEP000C307087B2

Device IP address.: 10.111.1.40

Device type. [Optional]: 8

Device description [Optional].: Reason Code [Optional].: 8

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: SJCCALLMGR1-Cluster

Node ID: 10.11.0.7

Explanation: A device that has previously registered with Cisco CallManager has unregistered. This event may be issued as part of normal unregistration event or due to some other reason such as loss of keepalives.

Recommended Action: No action is required if unregistration of this device was expected.

Device name.: SEP000C30A97363

Device IP address.: 10.111.1.39

Device name.: SEP000C303B2C30

Device IP address.: 10.111.1.11

Device name.: SEP000C307087A9

Device IP address.: 10.111.1.42

Our network guy is monitoring the switch, and he has noticed the gig port on the switch is going up and down. We have checked the UPS and replaced the gig card on the switch.

Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The error message states that Call Manager services had stopped for some reason , however it will still keep the call up and working. If the issue still continues, can you try updating your firmware to the latest version if possible.

I've checked the error logs on ccm and I'm not noticing any stopped services...

To the other person who responded, my sub and pub are working fine.. can't see that either has partially failed..

I will try updating the firmware on these 3 phones and give an udpate.

adam.jackman
Level 1
Level 1

I experienced this error on a setup earlier this year. The firmware on the phones was quite old and updating to the latest version cured some of the issue.

However the problem still occurred and was only fixed on investigating the callmanager setup. The subscriber was in a partially failed state, so all handsets had rehomed to the publisher. Randomly phones would try and re-register with the subscriber, which they were unable to do. Turning off the subscriber cured the issue, until I was able to completely rebuild the sub. SQL server had died on the sub and it wasn't possible to recreate the DB subscription to the publisher.

That was in February and we have had no further CM down errors.

Adam

Reason code "8" is saying that the phones unregister (they are not getting an answer for their keepalives).

I experienced that once when a distribution switch dropped a lot of packets.

The down/up of the interface could be a symptom, not the cause.

Check the network *end-to-end*, do a "sh interface" of every interface involved.

We had Voice-VLANs on Cat6500's which showed tons of drops (in fact, millions!), Data-VLANs were okay.

We had to do some buffer-tuning and then it worked fine.

The users also complained about one-way audio issues during phone calls.

/Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: