cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS: PNLog and ACS 3.2

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

I need some help troubleshooting a MARS box running 4.2.7.

We want to send Cisco ACS version 3.2 logs to it by using the the PNLog agent version 1.0. The 1.1 agent would not allow us to choose any log files so we tried the 1.0 and it allowed us to configure both the

Cisco ACS-Failed Attempts

Cisco ACS-Radius Accounting

The error meesage occurs when we configure the IP Address of the MARS box and the default syslog port 514:

Protego Networks Log Agent

"Failed to restart service. Please restart the service manually to effect changes saved."

I'm at a loss as to what service they are referring to. I tried restarting all the services on the ACS box but it sounds like they want me to restart something on MARS.

Any help will be much appreciated and rated.

2 Replies 2

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

I can verify that ACS 3.2 doesn't work with the PNLog agent 1.0 and 1.1. I checked the ACS event application log and tried restarting the pnlog service but to no avail.

Here's the answer from CCO:

"MARS supports the Cisco Secure ACS software and the Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine, version 3.3 and later. In the case of Cisco Secure ACS software, support is provided by an agent that resides on the Cisco Secure ACS server. For the Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine, this agent must reside on a remote logging host. This agent provides MARS with three event logs in syslog format. The logs are as follows:

?Passed authentication log (requires Cisco Secure ACS, 3.3 or later)

?Failed attempts log

?RADIUS accounting log

Beginning with the 4.1.3 release of the pnLog agent, the agent requires a minimum of Cisco Security Monitoring, Analysis, and Response System, release 4.1.3 running on the appliances to which it is reporting in order to operate correctly."

Hope this helps someone else.

hi

I have implemented the MARS .. I face problem in integration with ACS4.1 Appliance.

As per the Doc ..it seems the ACS 4.1 will sends the necessary log to Remote Logging server and Remote Logging serve will have Pnagent which will send the Details to MARS..

BUt what is this Remote Logging Server , is it Syslog or Other .. Do we require to install Windows Remote Agent

Pls guide me on same

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: