cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 - DS3's load balancing per-packet not working

jeff.vargas
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 DS3's from point A to point B with both circuits in the same router at both ends. I have CEF enabled and I have the "ip load-sharing per-packet" statement on the interfaces but all of the traffic is only using one circuit. If I do a "show IP route" I only have the one Serial interface show up. If I do a "show ip eigrp topology" I see both interfaces in the topology table. Any ideas why this isn't working?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hieu Cao
Level 4
Level 4

Do both DS3s come from the same ISP? Take a look at the metric under "show ip eigrp topology", is it the same for both links? If not, you will need to use "variance 2" under Router EIGRP xxx to add the second link to the routing table.

HTH,

hieu

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hieu Cao
Level 4
Level 4

Do both DS3s come from the same ISP? Take a look at the metric under "show ip eigrp topology", is it the same for both links? If not, you will need to use "variance 2" under Router EIGRP xxx to add the second link to the routing table.

HTH,

hieu

Ah yes, the DS3's are from the same provider but have diverse paths resulting in a different metric causing it to be absent from the routing table. Thank you, I new it would be something simple. This looks much better.

Great! I am glad that worked out well for you. Thanks for the nice rating.

hieu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card