cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7206VXR w/VPN module - dead sessions - is there a limit?

LeslieCass1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all: I'm hoping someone here can help me. We have two Cisco 7206VXRs with VPN modules, upgraded G1 processors & 512 mb of memory each.

We have an intermittent problem with a handful of users getting connected successfully, but unable to access resources on our network. There is no obvious problem on the Cisco box or with the internet or our internal network. Out of about 900 sessions, only about 4 or 5 random users have this problem. Everyone else is fine. The only workaround we have is to move these affected users to our other 7206 VPN box. They come right up and are fine again.

I can't find any documentation suggesting possible causes for this - OR any that identifies the max number of sessions that these boxes can tolerate.

Does anyone know what the max number of sessions on these boxes are? Is 900 too many for our configuration?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you -

Leslie

1 Reply 1

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

Implement RRI at the head-end devices, to propagate the routing information from the spokes automatically.

Define the VLAN client and the VLAN server.

Define the probe used to check the health of the IPSec servers.

Define the serverfarm with the real IPSec servers.

Configure failaction purge, to flush the connections that belong to dead servers.

Define the sticky policy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: