Views
Helpful
Replies

permission wizard or message store configuration wizard

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

For create a new subscriber, currently customer is able to either import from exchange or create from unity admin. This was done during the installation. Now customer wants only import. I went through the document, it seems there are two ways to do this:

solution 1. Permission wizard. Here is the step: choose the object to be able to created in AD. If we uncheck users, unity won't be able to create subscriber.

solution 2. Message store configuration wizard

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/inst/inst405/5ue2k3f/ig_020.htm#wp1519948

Step 12: option 1:select create new account or import; option 2: only import. If select 2nd option also unity won't be able to create new subscriber except for import.

Is either of them working? which one is preferred? Thanks

5 Replies 5

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You're going to have to create new AD accounts for the installer, the administrator, directory services, and message store services. Then re-run Permissions wizard, Service Configuration wizard, and the Message Store Configuration wizard, using the new accounts and limiting the Unity access to import-only at the applicable places in Permissions wizard and Message Store Configuration wizard.

Nancy

Thanks Nancy

But why would I have to recreate a set of new accounts in order to re-run PW?Is there a specific reason?

Actually I just re-ran the permission wizard with the existing unity accounts and select import only and it worked.

I think the reason Nancy said what she did is that PW only gives permissions and does not take away. So those accounts still have the permissions to create in AD and Exchange even though you went back and unchecked the boxes.

Am I right Nancy?

rlp

FYI. attached is the result after I reran the PW with the same account. The new subscriber option is greyed out. It verified that not necessary to create a new set of account.

That is great to know. Things have changed, that I said was true in the past. I see that things are different now. I stand corrected.

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: